All We Know About Fast & Furious 8
So, yesterday (June 22nd) marked 15 years since The Fast & Furious hit the screens and in that time there’s been another 6 movies! Number 8 is due for Released in April 2017, and there is scheduled to be 2 more released before 2020. There’s not been a huge amount of news released about the film so far but here’s what we know…
- Main characters from the previous films to star again:
- Vin Diesel
- Dwayne Johnson
- Michelle Rodriguez
- Tyrese Gibson
- Chris Bridges (Ludacris)
- Jason Statham
- Elsa Pataky
- Nathalie Emmanuel
- Charlize Theron to star as a villian
- Dame Helen Mirren has been announced to star in the film. (Providing she is allowed to do the driving that her character is featured to do!)
- Eva Mendes rumoured to feature. She featured as an agent in 2 Fast 2 Furious
- Lucas Black of Tokyo Drift rumoured to feature after brief role in Fast 7.
Filming so far has taken place in:
- Movie Poster features New York
Now for most of us, the main part of Fast & Furious is the cars. No matter what sort of car clique you fit into, there was always something for everyone, from Paul’s obsession of JDM cars to Vin’s love of muscle. Fast 8 is due to feature a whole heap of cars. The Fast & Furious Facebook page shared a video featuring Vehicle Coordinator Dennis McCarthy who gives a tour of the ‘Garage’ (we use that term loosely once you see the size of it) and it just looks insane.
There’s obviously going to be plenty more details to be released over the coming months and we are still waiting for a trailer. Many people have expressed their concerns about more films being made since the passing of Paul Walker, maybe they should have called it a day after number 7. But it has been said that number 7 was for Paul and number 8 is from Paul, which may be why the film is set in New York and is said to go back to focus on the cars.